Let’s Talk Laser Eye Surgery
While glasses are stylish and contacts are convenient, you may want a vision correction treatment that’s a little more permanent. Laser eye surgery involves reshaping the eye with a laser to treat refractive errors such as astigmatism, nearsightedness, and farsightedness.
In many cases, laser eye surgery can alleviate the need for other corrective lenses entirely. Other times, it can correct eyesight to lessen the strength of your prescription.
Determining Your Eligibility
While we don’t perform laser eye surgery at our practice, we can assess your eligibility. We can also make referrals and outline a care plan to co-manage your laser eye surgery experience. The most common surgery our patients undergo is LASIK (laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis).
Some of the requirements necessary for LASIK include:
- Over 18 (preferably over 21)
- A stable eye prescription
- Healthy corneas that are thick enough to withstand the surgery
You may not be a candidate for LASIK if you have:
- A prescription that is still shifting and changing
- An extreme refractive error
- Dry eye
- A history of certain eye infections
Visit Us for a Consultation
Book an appointment to discuss your laser eye surgery today. If you have any questions or concerns, our knowledgeable team will be happy to provide you with the information you need.
Just off Leacock Drive, find us in the strip mall next to O’Sullivan Animal Hospital.
- Phone: 705-728-3396
- 420 Leacock Drive, Unit I
- Barrie, ON L4N5G5
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Wednesday: 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM – 1:30 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed